How well does your website perform? Let us perform a complimentary review.Website Assessment
Posted in News
$10,000 Queensland Business digital grants
The Queensland Government has funded a program to help regional small businesses grow by expanding potential markets through an online presence with access to the latest digital technologies and services. Thus enabling them to work smarter, engage with the global economy and make the most of online business opportunities arising from digital disruption. Note applications need to be in by 9th December
The objectives of the program are to:
- assist small businesses to access the latest digital technologies to increase their productivity and competitiveness
- enable small businesses to employ more staff and grow to medium-size businesses
- provide access to training to allow small businesses to use new technologies more effectively
- generate improved business confidence and increase business sustainability
- enable regional small businesses to expand their market reach through an online presence
- assist small businesses to work smarter, be more innovative and work fewer hours
- create an environment that makes it easier to do business.
How much can you apply for and what can it be used for?
Matched funding of up to $10 000 (excluding GST) may be provided to eligible businesses for the purchase of software and services such as digital coaching. The business must show that the digital technology or service purchased and adopted will enhance the digital capabilities of their business and help them to be more competitive and employ more staff.
The digital technology or service must fall under one of five identified priority areas:
- digital marketing and social media
- digital content (web pages, mobile apps, media etc.)
- receiving payments or selling online
- specialised digital technology or software (business specific)
- digital planning and advice / training.
- What is the eligibility criteria?
To be eligible the business must:
- have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
- have Queensland headquarters or significant Queensland-based operations
- declare if any owners or directors of the business are an undischarged bankrupt or insolvent.
- The funds can only be used for new purchases - meaning that the costs of maintaining existing technologies or web hosting costs can't be claimed and all purchases have to be made within three months of when the business receives the grant.
- The participating business must provide OSB with a project report on completion of the project detailing how the funds were spent and the impact it has had on the business.
Businesses will be surveyed 12 months after the completion of the project.
Only one application will be accepted from an individual ABN or business address.
Applications open: 8 November 2016
Applications close: 9 December 2016 (midnight)
How do I apply?
For us to help you with this, we need to gain more of an understanding of your business, goals and challenges to identify what will be the best strategies forward for you, for your online presence (including if applicable, websites, database marketing, CRM, Internet market etc)Apply
Once we have a plan we can then assist you with your grant application. Applicants can expect to receive a decision within two months of application.
Contact your local Bloomtools Consultant, if you are interested in growing your business online and be reimbursed via a Qld Government grant for half the project costs.*
*Subject to OSB terms and conditions.
For more information, go to https://www.business.qld.gov.au/business/support-tools-grants/grants/digital-grants
|Posted in: News||
Individuals and Organisations will be able to register domain names in the top level .au, as per the decision of the policy panel appointed by auDA (Australian Domain Administration). eg. yourname.au
After 10 months of public consultation and evaluation the 23 strong policy panel made the recommendation. This will enable shorter domains for organisations, which can be easier to remember, and more appealing as well as expand the choice of domains.
auDA have not said when these direct registrations will be avaliable, but will undertake a detailed policy development process before they implement this new feature over the year.
Even though this new extension is not avaliable yet, if you need a domain registered for your business - you can still call your Internet Consultant to help you find the best domain for your business.
|Posted in: News||
Last year (april 2015), Google made mobile friendliness a key ranking signal on mobile searches. Making it essential, with over 50% of all internet viewing being done on a mobile device, for any business if wanting to be found needed to have their website mobile friendly.
Now in May, Google says they will be boosting the mobile ranking signal.
Please note, Google said that if you already have a mobile friendly website, then you don't have to worry, because 'you will not be impacted by this update'.
Thankfully all Bloomtools clients are OK, as you all automatically have this option there for you. If you ar unsure about whether your website meets Google criteria, or want a Google approved mobile website, contact your local Bloomtools consultant .
|Posted in: News Website Design||
We are very pleased we met the criteria and continue to officially be recognised as a certified Google Partners.
|Posted in: News||
We're all aware that the online world is growing rapidly, connecting us to everything from each other to our daily tasks at the touch of a button. Our society thrives of it, count how many devices you use each day... look around you and see how many people are on their smartphones.
We are living in a digitally dependent world, and here are the latest and greatest trends and stats.
The Online World
Device used most:
- 26% of people use their smartphone more often to go online
- 31% use their smartphone, tablet and desktop equally
- 36% use their computer or tablet more
Age groups that are online
- 94% of under 25's are online
- 89% of 25-34's
- 89% of 35-44's
- 82% of 45-54's
- 52% of 55+'s
Activities a smartphone is used for, just as much as a computer
- 46% search engines and social networks
- 37% product information
- 37% maps and directions
First source of product awareness/information in pre-purchase research:
- 58% online
- 36% in store
- 37% use both online and offline
- 18% use online online
- 21% use only offline
These stats about the online world and online shopper reveal how important it is for your business to have an integrated marketing strategy, ensuring you're reaching your potential consumers at their most crucial decision making moments.
Check out Google's Consumer Barometer for more stats (source).
Contact your local Bloomtools Consultant now to discuss how you can improve your online marketing and get better results for your business, we're only a call away.
|Posted in: News||