Make sure that, before setting up your email on your computer, you create a new email account. Do not edit a previously setup account with new details.
Manually configuring Mail
- Open Mail (open it from the Dock or from the Applications folder).
- If the "Welcome to Mail" assistant does not appear, choose Add Account from the File menu.
- Fill in the Full Name, Email address, and Password fields.
Note: Your email account password will be stored in Keychain and used automatically to login to your email account when you open Mail.
- Deselect "Automatically set up account" if it is enabled. Click Continue to proceed.
- Choose the proper Account Type.
- Give your account a useful description, such as "Anne's Gmail account". It can be called whatever you want.
- Enter your Incoming Mail Server webmail.thewebconsole.com, User Name and Password. Click on Continue to proceed.
- For Outgoing Mail Server, a useful description such as "Outgoing Mail Server" and enter the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) details.webmail.thewebconsole.com. Click Continue to proceed.
- Verify your settings in the Account Summary. Check "Take account online". Click "Create" to complete the process.