Browse the Blog
Free Client Workshop: How to get your website on page one of Google https://t.co/jAtExN6WgR https://t.co/xrNgnaPveK
30 days ago
This one-hour online workshop will be the best investment of your time this year, for your business. At the end, you will clearly understand how you get found on Google and the simple steps you can action to be noticed.
This is an actual workshop where you will leave knowing what to do next. You will learn the strategies that you can implement yourself immediately, that work!
We hear regularly from our clients - that there is so much information out there, how do you know what is out of date, what really works and most of all how to decipher it so you it is simple to understand the why, what and how? BOOK YOUR SEAT NOW
You will walk away knowing:
- How Google determines which website they will list higher than others
- How you can simply enhance your presence, and stand out above your competitors
- The number one major activity you can do regularly on your website, to be noticed more
- The top locations your business needs to be listed on, to help increase your search position
- Tricks that get you noticed more than your competitors
- How you know it is working
- SEO vs SEM (AdWords) - When should you do both, or just one? And why?
- Following this online workshop, we will make it even easier for you - with the best checklist to keep all attendees on the right path after the workshop.
Obviously you can pay us to do some of this for you, however, we find that the majority of our clients want to do this themselves, so they understand it, can control and can continually grow this area.
Whether you have recently just launched your website, or have been around for a long time. You will gain value from this short one hour workshop.
Register for the workshop now
Date: Tuesday, 11th April
Time: 12 noon (QLD time)
Duration: 1 hour
Phone enquiries: 1300 399 399
Question: How is this different to what you have already done for us on SEO?
The initial service we do for you enables Google to know what your website is about when they initially scan your website. These strategies taught during this online workshop will take your website to the next level.
Question: Can you please just do this for me?
Of course we can! Just call us so we can discuss with you about what we can do for your business, based on your industry, competitiveness, and what you are needing, to work out your investment in these services.
|Posted in: Promotions||
We are amazed how many websites don't have these key elements... they are so incredibly essential for any business, to get results from their web presence. Best of all they have been tried, tested and proven time and time again.
- Instant appeal: Your website needs to grab the attention of your target market from the very first view. This is achieved by having a website design that looks modern, is up to date and current, and overall attractive to your target market? What is your website design saying about your business?
- Stand out from your competitors: With the ease that prospective clients (even if they have been referred to you) can look at others in your industry, it is important that your business stands out above your competitors. What are your business strengths? How do you overcome clients fears of dealing with you and your industry? If you were a prospective client, what makes your business website stand out above your competitors?!
- Get some action: The reality is you have a website to achieve a result, so you need to facilitate this and make it easy for people to take the next step. The common 'call to action' for most businesses is their phone number - this needs to be bold and prominent in the top right of your website. However, it is really important to ensure you have other prominent 'calls to action' (CTA) like 'buy now', 'request a quote' or 'make an enquiry' these also need to be strategically placed (and designed to stand out) within your website design and content to increase the number of people taking action.
- User-friendly gets results: The functionality of your website is just as crucial as the design and content. Ensuring everything works, flows logically, facilitates ease for the user to find and do what they want quickly and effectively. Using a mixture of navigation, images and buttons are essential to assist helping your site visitors find what they are looking for and flow into taking action.
- SEO friendly: 86% of all people will use Google when searching online for a local business, service or product in Australia. So, as a business striving for results it is crucial that you are found on this search engine, to do so there are a number of factors that can be included within your website. Two important elements are having an .xml sitemap and a robot.txt file incorporated into your website, allowing it to be viewed, read and ranked by Google's electronic spider bots.
- Make it mobile friendly: Over 50% of consumers are using mobile devices when going online. If your website is not mobile (thumb) friendly and makes potential and existing customers stretch the screen and move around your site with difficulty, you will not only frustrate them but lose them. Ensuring your website can be effortlessly accessed and used on a mobile is a crucial aspect for businesses in order to meet the needs and trends of society in our modern and digital world. Google are now also penalising websites that are not mobile certified by them in their search results (if searched on a mobile device).
- Know your numbers: Knowing where the traffic comes from for your website, whether the numbers are going up or down and more relevant data, are keys to a successful online presence. This information enables you (or your internet partner, like Bloomtools) to make informed decisions on how to continually improve your presence, so you are reaping better results year after year.
|Posted in: Website Design||
If you think about for the last month the emails that you and your team sent to clients, suppliers and staff (even friends)... imagine if someone could get into them and extract information. Some of it would have been sensitive and confidential information that you would want no one else to access. Security is so important from not only your end, as well as the online services you use.
Email on the cloud through a service like Google (GSuite) is what we have most of our clients on and they have it covered on their side to stop people entering into their systems to get into your details. But this Blog today is talking about it from your side, the vulnerability that you and your team have with anyone getting into your devices (phones, IPads, laptops, computers and more). Research done by google has shown that many passwords and security questions can easily be guessed. As well as, many people use the same password in multiple locations, so if that password is picked up somewhere else and comes back to its source - your business and private information is wide open.
So how do I easily overcome my Email security vulnerabilities?
Our first recommendation is for your email to use something like GSuite - that enables you to easily have a 2 step verification process, using both your device and phone to authenticate you - something that no hacker can infiltrate.
2 Step Verification goes beyond just a strong password. It's an effective security feature that combines "something you know" (e.g., a password) and "something you have" (e.g., a text, a prompt, or a Security Key) to protect your accounts. Think of this like withdrawing money from an ATM/cash machine: You need both your PIN and your debit card.
Google Authenticator app is free and available for Android and iOS devices, which generates a code for you each time you want to sign in to your account.
This process is so simple to set up. Don't hesitate, because I would hate for it to be too late and something happens.
If you are not using GSuite and would like to. Please talk to your Bloomtools Consultant to set this up for you. The fees are only $50 US per license through Google, so benefits vs effort it is worth it.
|Posted in: Website Design Google Applications||
There is no quick fix or button you can press to get great reviews. It takes effort, and it's not easy - but I can assure you it will be worth it. After all, 92% of consumers now read online reviews. Online reviews also shape important opinions and thoughts customers form about your company; 40% of buyers form an opinion of a business after reading just 1-3 reviews.
So what can you do to help your business get great reviews? Well, the single most important ingredient is delivering an exceptional customer experience. 70% of buying experiences are based on how the customer feels they are being treated. Think of ways you could improve your customer's experience, and don't be afraid to ask customers what would make their experience better as well.
While treating your customers well is by far the most effective way to get great online reviews, there is a bit of work that needs to be done to get there. We've put together a list of steps you can take to help get better reviews.
1) Choose the right customers
Ask customers who are getting great value from your service or product. They can be return customers or customers you've had for a long time. These are the customers who are more than likely going to give you the shining, positive review you are looking for. You will never get what you want if you don't ask!
2) Choose the right time
44% of consumers say a review must be written within one month to be relevant. With that in mind, ask for a review promptly and make it super easy. This way they do not have to think back and try to remember the details. For example, ask them to give you a review when sending their invoice, reinforcing the value they get when doing business with you.
3) Ask in the right way
You should never ask your customers or clients for "positive" reviews, instead just ask for their honest reviews in the right way. When you ask for honest reviews, you are building trust and credibility amongst your target audience. Even if you get a less-than-stellar review, this is an opportunity to improve this area of your business.
When asking your customers for a review, remind them of the value they get when doing business with you.Try not to be too serious, get to the point and make sure you make it easy for them.
It is often more effective to verbally ask your client for a review, and if they are happy to give you one... help them through the process. For B2B clients, this is a great way to teach them how to get reviews on their business too.
The other option is to send them an email (after purchase, becoming a client). Here's an example script that can help you frame your message:
" Hi (client's name),
I've just noticed that you've bought another product from us (mention product's name and something great about it). We're so happy that you've gotten value from our business!
If you've got a few minutes, could you please leave us an honest review (on the website, on our Facebook page, on Google..etc) Here's the link (insert link).Even a few lines are very much appreciated. This review will help us improve our business so we can better serve awesome customers like you.
Thanks for your time, let me know if there is anything I can help you with :) "
You can easily send this message out to your contacts with our DBM tool, and make a survey with our survey builder, just ask us how!
4) Follow up and ask again
In the DBM tool, you can easily see if your email has been opened or not. If it hasn't, it doesn't necessarily mean that the customer doesn't want to leave a review. You may have caught them at a bad time, or the email simply got pushed to the bottom in the average person's busy inbox.
Here are a few steps to sending out a follow-up email:
- Change the name of the email, but use the same content. Example "Just Wanted to Say Thanks" to "Quick Question"
- Wait a week and re-send it to the people you have not received a response from
5) Respond to all reviews
Even if it's a bad one especially if it's a bad one! This gives you the opportunity to prove that your business has excellent customer service. Just remember, having a great business is about building relationships with your customers. By responding to all reviews, you are showing your customers that you care about what they think. A simple "thank you", like or tweet goes a long way. Here's a great article on how to deal with those not-so-pleasant reviews.
Reviews help boost your businesses profile. So why not get in touch with us on how we can help set you up to make the process super easy for your customers.
* Statistic Sources:
|Posted in: Internet Marketing Lead Generation||
Having your website listed on other websites to yours is extremely important as Google will look at what they say your website is about, and the quality of the site you are listed on.
To help you out we have compiled a list of quality Australian business directories to submit your website on, so you can go ahead and start building links and citations for yourself.
Citation and link building is not a free-for-all like it once was. As a general rule of thumb, paid listings should bring visitors to your site, not just a boost to your recognition by search engines.
What should you put on these Directories?
Citations should be consistent: your name, address and phone number (NAP) as they appear on your website and Google Places (Google+ Local), should be exactly the same as all other citations across the web. Old listings with outdated phone numbers and addresses will negatively impact on your business. Then depending on the directory, write a short introduction to your business, that demonstrates what you do. Place keywords, into your descriptions - but remember to make it still sound good.
To assist you, I highly recommend you keep a spreadsheet of all places you put your citation on, the URL, date, what you have written, login details etc (Here is a base on you can use). That way in future, if you want to change some emphasis - you can go through this list, vs starting again.
It is also important to note, that quality vs quantity is important. So don't go wild and add yourself to anywhere. As a dodgy website, will also negatively impact you.
Top Australian Business Directories 2017
Here is a list of what is considered to be the Top 23 National Australian business directories that will help to improve your search performance. We have also added (DA) which is a metric of domain authority/trust for each domain completed on MOZ February 2017. The following list includes free and paid options.
If your business's target is more local, look to some directories in your own area. Eg. http://www.melbournebd.com.au/, http://www.manlyaustralia.com.au, http://www.sydneybusiness.org.au, http://www.brisbane-australia.com, http://members.brisbanemarketing.com.au, http://adelaidebusiness.net/
Other top SEO Blogs in the last year:
|Posted in: Website Design Internet Marketing Lead Generation||