Queensland Government is assisting businesses to grow
$10,000 Queensland Business digital grants
The Queensland Government has funded a program to help regional small businesses grow by expanding potential markets through an online presence with access to the latest digital technologies and services. Thus enabling them to work smarter, engage with the global economy and make the most of online business opportunities arising from digital disruption. Note applications need to be in by 9th December
The objectives of the program are to:
- assist small businesses to access the latest digital technologies to increase their productivity and competitiveness
- enable small businesses to employ more staff and grow to medium-size businesses
- provide access to training to allow small businesses to use new technologies more effectively
- generate improved business confidence and increase business sustainability
- enable regional small businesses to expand their market reach through an online presence
- assist small businesses to work smarter, be more innovative and work fewer hours
- create an environment that makes it easier to do business.
How much can you apply for and what can it be used for?
Matched funding of up to $10 000 (excluding GST) may be provided to eligible businesses for the purchase of software and services such as digital coaching. The business must show that the digital technology or service purchased and adopted will enhance the digital capabilities of their business and help them to be more competitive and employ more staff.
The digital technology or service must fall under one of five identified priority areas:
- digital marketing and social media
- digital content (web pages, mobile apps, media etc.)
- receiving payments or selling online
- specialised digital technology or software (business specific)
- digital planning and advice / training.
- What is the eligibility criteria?
To be eligible the business must:
- have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
- have Queensland headquarters or significant Queensland-based operations
- declare if any owners or directors of the business are an undischarged bankrupt or insolvent.
- The funds can only be used for new purchases - meaning that the costs of maintaining existing technologies or web hosting costs can't be claimed and all purchases have to be made within three months of when the business receives the grant.
- The participating business must provide OSB with a project report on completion of the project detailing how the funds were spent and the impact it has had on the business.
Businesses will be surveyed 12 months after the completion of the project.
Only one application will be accepted from an individual ABN or business address.
Applications open: 8 November 2016
Applications close: 9 December 2016 (midnight)
How do I apply?
For us to help you with this, we need to gain more of an understanding of your business, goals and challenges to identify what will be the best strategies forward for you, for your online presence (including if applicable, websites, database marketing, CRM, Internet market etc)Apply
Once we have a plan we can then assist you with your grant application. Applicants can expect to receive a decision within two months of application.
Contact your local Bloomtools Consultant, if you are interested in growing your business online and be reimbursed via a Qld Government grant for half the project costs.*
*Subject to OSB terms and conditions.
For more information, go to https://www.business.qld.gov.au/business/support-tools-grants/grants/digital-grants