The Need for Speed
- Handle significant bursts of traffic,
- Load in under a second,
- Load quickly no matter how far away your visitors are, and
- Work even if an entire data centre stops working.
We are pleased to announce that our new infrastructure solves these challenges with the development of the following improvements;
- Each website will be hosted in two separate data centres, so if one goes down, the other one will take over,
- All website and email campaign images are now hosted on a Content Delivery Network (CDN), where each image is stored in over 50 locations around the world to ensure that images are loaded from the servers closest to the user,
- A copy of every page on your website will be stored on multiple 'caching servers' so that we can respond to requests for web pages in under 60 thousands of a second,
- The infrastructure is designed to add more servers in realtime to handle huge spikes in traffic, and
- Servers that fail are instantly removed from the pool of servers, and are replaced with new ones.
What you need to do;
- If your DNS (domain) is hosted by us, nothing. We will manage everything for you.
- If you or a third party manages your DNS we will send you an email when your website has been migrated with the details of the changes we need you to make to your domain.