The Need for Speed
Posted on 16 October 2014
Our Development team and Engineers have been working on a project, nicknamed the "Need for Speed", for over two years. The aim of the project is to increase the reliability and speed of our already sophisticated infrastructure, so that your website can:
- Handle significant bursts of traffic,
- Load in under a second,
- Load quickly no matter how far away your visitors are, and
- Work even if an entire data centre stops working.
We are pleased to announce that our new infrastructure solves these challenges with the development of the following improvements;
- Each website will be hosted in two separate data centres, so if one goes down, the other one will take over,
- All website and email campaign images are now hosted on a Content Delivery Network (CDN), where each image is stored in over 50 locations around the world to ensure that images are loaded from the servers closest to the user,
- A copy of every page on your website will be stored on multiple 'caching servers' so that we can respond to requests for web pages in under 60 thousands of a second,
- The infrastructure is designed to add more servers in realtime to handle huge spikes in traffic, and
- Servers that fail are instantly removed from the pool of servers, and are replaced with new ones.
What you need to do;
- If your DNS (domain) is hosted by us, nothing. We will manage everything for you.
- If you or a third party manages your DNS we will send you an email when your website has been migrated with the details of the changes we need you to make to your domain.
Author: James Greig
About: James is the founder of Bloomtools and the software and Internet expert on the Executive Team. With a degree in Advanced Information Technology, specialising in Computer Science and Interactive Development, James founded the software development arm of Bloomtools in 2004.Connect via: Twitter LinkedIn