Australians online spending increases
Latest NAB research has found that online retail sales rose to an estimated $13 billion in the year to January 2013.
Growth remains strong, up 27% year-on-year-in January 2013, even though January is typically a slower month for the online sector. "The increase in sales in January suggests the recent lift in consumer confidence has flowed through to some online retailers," Mr Oster said.
Households in the 30-40 age bracket remain the top spenders, although the biggest growth has been in the under 30 age bracket, attracted by the surge in companies offering free delivery with purchases.
And the even better news is that domestic retailers, rather than international websites, are winning the war. 75% of goods purchased were bought from Australian based companies at an average price of $60.
Check Out Our
- Everything You Need To Know About Secondary CTAs
- The Top 5 Reasons Why A Thank You Page Is Crucial To Your Marketing Stra...
- Top 2023 Australia Website Directories you should get your business list...
- Setting up Google Analytics 4 is it worth the hassle?
- 23 Recent PPC Stats Important for Australian Businesses in 2023