Database Marketing for small business
Database (Email) marketing is the process of collecting certain information about your customers –age, gender, location, interests and historical behaviour – and using that information to target them with relevant and timely content and calls to action.
Database marketing can be used to create direct mail campaigns, email marketing, SMS marketing, event marketing or social campaigns. It’s an extremely valuable tool for small businesses because:
1. You can tailor your offersIf you know what people like or are interested in, where they live or what product / service purchases they’ve made in the past with you, you can create messages and deals that appeal directly to them. (Their are some great strategies that makes gathering of this information really easy. Speak to your Bloomtools Consultant if you would like to know more).
2. You can boost sales and profitsAs customers come to expect relevant information, they will be more likely to pay attention to your communications. Once you have their attention, you have a huge opportunity to boost profits.
3. You don’t waste marketing dollarsBeing spammed with generic marketing materials is a frustrating experience for the customer and a waste of resources for your company. With database marketing, you can remove the unnecessary and catch people with the right information at the right time.
4. You can clean up your databaseIt’s important for all businesses to have current information on their customers. By allowing customers to update their details, provide additional information on their interests or unsubscribe completely from your emails (which is required by law), you are creating an engaged and active community.
5. You can build loyalty
Database marketing is an excellent way to build loyalty, targeting customers at the right time (like on their birthday) or with relevant info (based on their purchase history). People will respond to the targeted approach and are more likely to reward you with their business.
6. It can be automated
The great thing our customers love about their Database Marketing, is that some of the most effective strategies can be automated. You set it up once, and it automatically does the work for you. (We even give you some example emails to help you get started and make it even easier for you to get results).
And that is just the beginning... you can also increase your sales conversions, measure your clients feedback, invite people to events and even collect their money and more.
Every ounce of information you collect from your customers means more power to you. Providing they feel they can trust you with their details (no sharing to third-party spammers!), people will be happy to share their information with you. More tailored offers and relevant content are always appreciated – and database marketing is the best way to achieve that. And best of all it delivers it at the lowest cost, ensuring you easily get a great ROI.
Check Out Our
- 6 Tips for Creating Video Content at Home
- How to put a COVID-19 notification on your website
- Creative Ways Businesses Are Adjusting During the Corona Times
- How to Monitor Your Online Presence: A Guide to Google Analytics Measure...
- Coronavirus: How to prepare your business and staff to work from home