Google Plus closing down
Today Google+ has closed its doors for consumers. It is important to note, that no other Google products (such as Gmail, Google Photos, Google Drive, YouTube) will be closed as part of the consumer Google+ Shutdown.
Google has cited this closure is predominantly due to a data breach that happened on the platform in March 2018. Another reason is the low number of users actively using the platform and low engagement (90 percent of Google + user sessions last less than five seconds).. It launched back in 2011 when Facebook and Twitter were already strong in the market.
Thewebconsole.com will be deleting all references to Google +
To learn more about what will be happening with your data on Google + read this support article here
|Tags: News Social Media Marketing|
Check Out Our
- Creative Ways Businesses Are Adjusting During the Corona Times
- How to Monitor Your Online Presence: A Guide to Google Analytics Measure...
- Coronavirus: How to prepare your business and staff to work from home
- 5 Hot Tips to Maximise Your 2020 Marketing Strategy
- What social media do I need for my business?