How to make great marketing videos
Creating a viral video is every marketer’s dream.However, for some small business owners, the thought of trying to make the next Gangnam Style or Old Spice campaign is daunting enough to relegate the camera to collecting dust on the shelf.
But video is an excellent medium for reaching your business goals. SMEs that use video in their marketing have experienced increased conversions in email campaigns, better SEO results and increased on-site conversions.
Here are five tips for making great marketing videos:
- Know your audience: You should view video as just another extension of your marketing repertoire. While you may be new to video, you likely know what works with your customers.The rules don’t change with the medium.
- Show your human side: Marketing videos shouldn’t feel overly commercial. People respond better to a more human approach that is not overly polished. Video is one of the most natural ways to convey your values as a business to your customers, and connect on a personal level.
- Inject emotion: We all love to laugh – and we all love to share videos that make us laugh. Humour was one of the key reasons The Dollar Shave Club was so successful in the US, and the secret behind Kickstarter’s fasted-funded project. A video that makes people chuckle is three times more likely to increase traffic to a brand’s Facebook page. Something cute, quirky and/or poignant will increase shareability, but authenticity is the biggest reasons brands find video so effective. Just be yourself!
- Keep it short: When it comes to video, shorter is always better. Videos less than 30 seconds tend to get watched all the way through, while videos under two minutes captivate when the content is short and punchy.
- Integrate influencers: Videos that include influencers tend to get shared because it widens the network effect. Interview a leader in your industry, get some input from customers or collaborate with other businesses in your local area. The more you involve other people in your project, the more likely they are to watch and share your content.
Getting started on video may seem daunting, but given the universal impact of the medium on marketing, every business owner should consider giving it a go. Keep it simple, short, natural and personal and you’ll be on your way to winning customers.
Check Out Our
- Creative Ways Businesses Are Adjusting During the Corona Times
- How to Monitor Your Online Presence: A Guide to Google Analytics Measure...
- Coronavirus: How to prepare your business and staff to work from home
- 5 Hot Tips to Maximise Your 2020 Marketing Strategy
- What social media do I need for my business?