The 'New Retail' Movement
The Australian Government Department of Communications found that there are more than 10 million Australians now shopping online and spending 100 minutes each week doing so.Our society is technology oriented and our consumers are always connected. They have significant knowledge, power, and expectations and are equipped to filter and prioritise where, how, and when they engage with businesses.
6 in 10 Australians now use both online and traditional retail stores as sources of information when researching and purchasing products. So the questions is, will your website draw these consumers closer or drive them away?
The online and offline worlds are converging
The 2014 Nielsen Connected Consumers Report reveals:
Nine in 10 of your consumers most likely purchased a product online last year
More than 1 in 10 Australian shoppers use their smartphone or tablet to make a purchase - So the next question... is your website mobile (thumb) friendly? If not contact your Bloomtools consultant to get one.
- The highest categories of conversation for online research to online purchase is books, clothing and digital music. While for online to offline is highest for grocery, liquor, restaurant, clothing and pharmacy items.
Check Out Our
- 6 Tips for Creating Video Content at Home
- How to put a COVID-19 notification on your website
- Creative Ways Businesses Are Adjusting During the Corona Times
- How to Monitor Your Online Presence: A Guide to Google Analytics Measure...
- Coronavirus: How to prepare your business and staff to work from home