Boost your Instagram game with these top tips
We get it - social media networking seems like it changes almost daily. What's in, what's out - up or down: it is hard to keep up. Although being on social media may seem a tad overwhelming, it can be a very powerful online marketing tool - if used correctly.
instagram is the second most popular social network after Facebook with over 400 million active users, and over 60% of those users log in daily. Brand engagement on Instagram is 10 times higher than on Facebook, 54 times higher than Pinterest, and 84 times higher than Twitter. Maybe it's time to get your business on the Instagram train!
We've gathered the best tips out there to help boost your businesses Instagram game:
1. Utilise the bio space to your advantage. Currently, the only way to include links in your instagram account is through the bio. Use your bio to link to your website where you can collect leads, gain ebook sign ups or promote your new products or services. If you have a long url, we suggest using a link shortener such as bit.ly. You are also able to track your bit.ly data to determine how many clickthroughs you are getting to your website from your Instagram account.
Check out this example of linking your website in your bifrom @nicolejoyinspire
2. There is nothing worse than having the perfect photo, but then when you upload it into Instagram someone's head is cut off. Ensure that all photos that you post on Instagram are properly sized. You can easily do this by shooting in square on your camera, iphone or android. Also check out this article from Social Media Examiner on how to get the best images for your social media.
This is a great example of proper image size from @nationalgeographic
3. Don't be afraid of hashtags! Hashtags are an important tool to help you get your business found by your target market. Use the Explore feature in Instagram to see which hashtags are popular at the moment. You can then create timely and relevant posts that will appear when those hashtags are searched. Hootsuite's Complete Instagram Hashtag Guide for Business indicates that you should include at least 5 relevant hashtags to each photo.
4. A good rule of thumb when it comes to what kind of content you post, is to have a balance between photos and videos. Mixing up your content every once in awhile, to include videos can help boost post engagement. Posting a video can be as easy as holding down the record button, or try an app such as Boomerang from Instagram.
Check out this example of share worthy content from @nicolejoyinspire
6. Don't forget about your CTA's! We've talked about the importance of CTA's in your website copy, but it is also important to add CTA's to your social media posts as well. This can be as simple as asking your followers to visit your website for more information, or getting them to tag a friend in your post. Have a goal driven strategy for each posts, such as increase post engagement, or to drive traffic to the website. Your CTA will help you reach those goals.
Check out this call-to-action example from @99bikes
7. Although it may sound obvious, it still needs to be noted - have your account set as public. It is of course fine to have your personal profile as private, but you will want to make sure that your business account is easily accessible to everyone. If users are having to request to follow your business, more than likely they will pass and that can seriously hurt how many followers you have.
8. Finally, be aware you do not own your users within any social media. So for any reason you get switched off you will loose all your followers (it happened to a client of ours, who had some complaints on her images not being appropriate - which they were, as she sells kids clothing. She lost all of her 10,000 + followers) . So ALWAYS, look at how you can encourage people to your website, so you can encourage people to give up their email address through your Bloomtools DBM account. Eg. for some competitions are a great incentive. That way you will keep your contacts, and can also market to them in multiple mediums which increases your results as well.
With these simple strategies you will be ready to take on the Instagram world and get your business out there. Remember, social media is a two way street so don't forget to like, comment and follow others as well. Did you know - we can also help you with your social media strategy. Call us today to chat about ways to improve your social media activity!
|Tags: Internet Marketing Social Media|