Clients on the outdated POP email are now being moved to G Suite
POP email is being replaced by G Suite
You may or not be aware, the POP email systems that were popular a decade ago are becoming a thing of the past. POP is now being replaced by the more user-friendly, reliable, and flexible Cloud solutions, like G Suite from Google (our preferred solution).
We have been offering G Suite as our primary email system to our clients for quite some time now, however, we still have some clients using the older POP platform.The closure of our POP will happen in the not too distant future, due to the inherent flaws in the outdated system, which has been causing a number of challenges for some clients. Our primary goal is to ensure our clients have an - always available, reliable email solution - so with this in mind we will be discontinuing the POP service, for our older clients. New clients, for the last 2 years, have all been set up on GSuite from the beginning.
While we have clients who have been on our POP platform for many years and have had no challenges, they will, as the fixes we have been doing will not continue to hold forever. The technology behind POP is now so outdated that it has become unsustainable as an ongoing service. And with email in business being a critical factor, we need to protect our clients where possible before it becomes too critical and things start falling over.
About G Suite
While G Suite is a paid service to Google, the cost is minimal at only $60 per licence per year.
It's worth noting that the annual G Suite fee is per licence, so if you were to have email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com you could include all these emails addresses under the one licence.The full list of G Suite advantages is listed below, however, the primary advantage of this great service is the always and anywhere availability. Once you are using G Suite your email is available to you from any device at any time and is always up to date. There are apps for your phone and simple web logins for any tablet and desktop you use.
G Suite Advantages:
- The most popular modern Email provider with 26% market share and over 1.2 billion users.
- 24/7 online support via Google directly (one of the largest and most well-established tech companies in the world).
- Mid-2000s technology with constant security updates, tool upgrades and product rebuilds to the protocols used and software available (2004 original release, 2016 latest full rebuild, 14/8/18 latest update).
- Add Free when compared to online pop services and free yahoo/mail/bing addresses).
- Multiple Alias accounts available per address/license.
- Multiple domains allowed per license.
- Cross-platform multi-device support allowing users to access the inbox on all modern devices.
- No clunky single server third-party applications required (ie Thunderbird, Outlook, Macmail)
Google Apps suite included with all licenses. (Saving businesses a lot of $ to not needing to pay for other licenses, like Microsoft Office for every team member etc):
- Google Calendar Application
- Google Drive Storage allowing for storage and sharing of files to other Google Users
- Google Docs & Sheets allowing for document and spreadsheet creation and sharing with other Google users as well as downloading features to send to non-Google users.
- Google Slides a new wave presentation tool
- Google hangouts chat application allowing for quick instant messaging to other Google users
- Google Hangouts Meet (Zoom/GoToMeeting style application) allowing for screen sharing group meetings with other Google users
- Google Keep (notes application) allows for collaboration-friendly note taking and sharing with other Google users
- Google Forms application allowing for forms/surveys that can be shared to anyone with the Link
- And lots lots more free applications are included.
- Google Vault backup system
- 99.9% uptime.
- Cloud-based with highest levels of security recognised by all major certification standards (HIPAA, ISO, FedRAMP, AICPA, EY).
- Added security via 2-step authentication.
- Free mobile app for all modern mobile devices and tablets.
The account can be linked to multiple Google services:
- Google My Business allowing for better search rankings in the Google search engine and a more customisation result for your business
- Google Analytics allowing for statistics of website traffic
- Google Console allowing for Search Engine indexing
- Google API Keys allowing for use of Google services such as maps
- Google Account used for setting up mobile and tablet devices and storing contacts and apps