Remarketing: The new age of online marketing
Tempting new visitors to your website is always great, but reaching out to the people who've already been there or are regular visitors can be even better. Make the most of your marketing dollars by investing in remarketing a wonderful way to target the right audience.
How remarketing works
Remarketing is a search engine marketing (SEM) technique that makes use of information about visitors to your site, allowing you to implement pay-per-click (PPC) advertising to the right people at the right time.
All you need to do is find the most strategic spots on your website then set up scripts that will add a cookie to a visitor's browser when they visit your page. Your campaign is triggered when the advertising network reads the cookie, offering people who've previously visited your site targeted adverts when they're on other sites, pages and searches.
Most businesses run these ads through Google's Display Network, which makes the whole process nice and easy.
Why invest in a remarketing campaign?
Remarketing is a smart investment because it allows you to concentrate your efforts on people who are already interested in your products and services. This is especially useful for big purchases the kind that customers will deliberate over for several visits to your site.
It can be used to let repeat customers know about new products, and it also offers great opportunities for cross-selling. If you're also running visitor segmentation initiatives, you can use this information to feed your remarketing choices. You can even set up rules to exclude visitors who've already converted, cutting down on wasted advertising.
The biggest remarketing winners
To really make the most of your remarketing campaign, there are some smart scripts to consider:
- Reward prior customers by offering them adverts containing discount codes.
- Offer incentives to shoppers who've abandoned their cart without completing their purchase.
- If you offer an app, target people who've visited your site through a specific OS.
- Promote newsletters to visitors who've spent a certain amount of time browsing your site.
|Tags: News Internet Marketing|
Check Out Our
- Creative Ways Businesses Are Adjusting During the Corona Times
- How to Monitor Your Online Presence: A Guide to Google Analytics Measure...
- Coronavirus: How to prepare your business and staff to work from home
- 5 Hot Tips to Maximise Your 2020 Marketing Strategy
- What social media do I need for my business?