7 Essential Tips To Grow Your Business
Are you looking to switch up your marketing strategy and grow your business?
Our team has put together a list of essential tips and tricks to get you started.
1) Evaluate your competitors
Start by doing a Google search for your type of business and identify your key competitors. Write up a list of elements on their site and take note of improvements you'd like for your own website - when you're done, discuss your findings with your Bloomtools consultant to get those changes set in motion.
What to look for:
- The layout of their website, including any imagery and wording: put yourselves in the shoes of a potential client - which business would you choose based on the website?
- How they use their website to promote their strengths -
- Their content - what other content do they have on their website that supports their strengths?
- What calls to action they're using - calls to action refers to elements like, "call now", "request a quote/consultation" or "buy now".
- Their use of imagery - real images make a difference and help make your website more personable. For example: is your competitor using before and after photos, photos of their products and services or photos of their team? This could make the difference between whether a customer chooses them or you.
2) Optimise your Google My Business
Google My Business (GMB) is an important part of your business's online presence - it's also a place for your customers to leave you reviews and star ratings. There are few things quite as effective at influencing purchasing decisions as online reviews and this is often the first introduction to your business potential customers will have, which is why it's so important to make sure you have an optimised listing.Regularly answering those who take the time to leave you a review shows current customers and potential customers that you care about their experiences with you. For extra ease, setting up GMB on your phone will help keep you active and responsive to your customers.
This effective tool helps can also help your business:
- Increase your visibility in the search engine
- Increase traffic to your website and social media channels
- Have more data providing insights to your audience and who's engaging with your content.
To learn more about optimising your GMB, click here.
3) Review your search engine rankings
Keeping yourself knowledgeable on your search engine rankings will help you make informed decisions about how to improve from where you're currently ranking. Google regularly updates their algorithm so it's important your website adjusts accordingly in order to keep up.
If you'd like to see what Google says about you, talk to your Bloomtools consultant about conducting a Google review. Using independent tools and accessing your Google Search Console and then reviewing other key external elements to give you a written report on changes. If you don't want to do all the changes yourself, you can also get us to do a health check where our internal (not overseas like most) expert will make the changes for you.
4) Communicate any updates
With the challenges of the pandemic, many businesses have had to pivot or make changes to their operations or services. If you've made any significant changes to your business, be sure to communicate this on your website.
Alternatively, you could send out these through your emails, a newsletter or through social media.
5) Keep in touch with your clients
Did you know 78% of customers will leave a business if they feel you don't care about them?
Regularly communicating with your clients is more important now than ever before. Consider what you're doing to connect with clients and how you can simplify this process.
We've compiled a list of some of the most effective methods of keeping in touch with your clients below:
- Call cycles - by far one of the more efficient methods, regularly calling your clients to touch base with them while also adding them to a CRM tool will help you keep track of your calls.
- Emails - regular email outreach adds value by providing advice, tips and updates to your clients. With so much information and the constantly evolving digital landscape, there's a lot for your clients to keep up with - it's often hard for them to decipher what's important, correct and relevant. As an expert in your field, you know what's most relevant - use this as an opportunity to show you care by sending it out to your clients. Even though there is a lot of email out there, quality over quantity will be well respected by your audience.
- Social media - posting content regularly on particular social media platforms suitable to your audience helps keep clients engaged with your business. Some businesses identify a few key staff members to take responsibility for their social media or some outsource it to an external team. For ideas on how to utilise your social media click here. Remember to link your social media to your website as well.
It's also useful to leverage this content across all of your mediums. For example: if you produce a blog, create a teaser and post it to your Facebook to entice your followers to read the full article. Alternatively, you can send them out in an email, add it to your GMB or talk about it with your clients.
6) Switch up your marketing
Consider what you're doing to market your business. All marketing has evolved over time, with techniques and options changing for different industries: should you focus on more traditional methods, move to a heavily digital focused approach or an integrated strategy of both?
If you choose the digital marketing route, you could shift your focus towards email marketing, additional content or search engine optimisation. Alternatively, you could consider paid search advertising or setting up a database marketing system to streamline your processes.
Switching up your marketing strategy can keep your processes from going stale - while you shouldn't give up the tools that are working for you, it can help to add some fresh elements into your marketing mix.
Talk to your Bloomtools consultant about their thoughts on what you could do to freshen up your marketing strategy. Our in-house digital marketing team is specialised across various tools and techniques and able to help give you direction.
7) Get started
A growing business comes from those who are willing to evolve and change their strategies as they go. If you want to boost your marketing and get better results, the best first step is to take the time to evaluate your business.
While doing so, aim to identify any key areas you think you can improve in. Using tips from this list, you can make 2021 your best year for digital marketing and accelerate your business growth.
Our team of digital marketing specialists can help you accelerate your businesses growth and get ahead of the competition. For more advice on ways you can boost your business, feel free to contact us at (07) 5636 3700 for more information, or book a consultation today.
|Tags:Internet MarketingLead Generation|
Check Out Our
- Everything You Need To Know About Secondary CTAs
- The Top 5 Reasons Why A Thank You Page Is Crucial To Your Marketing Stra...
- Top 2023 Australia Website Directories you should get your business list...
- Setting up Google Analytics 4 is it worth the hassle?
- 23 Recent PPC Stats Important for Australian Businesses in 2023