SEO Tips: 5 simple ways you can boost your SEO ranking today
There are many different methods for optimising your website to rank higher on search engines, but a lot of them can be kind of technical. We get it - small and medium sized business owners don't have a lot of time to spend learning the in's and out's of SEO and that's ok. However, it is still important to know how your website is doing in terms of SEO, and simple things you can do to improve your rankings. Whether that is doing it on your own, or getting a hand from us.
The first step should be to see how your website is doing with it's SEO.
According to Arekestall, "93% of online experiences begin with a search engine". This is why ensuring that your website is performing well from an SEO standpoint is so important. These four simple methods can help boost your organic search rate, increase your conversion rate and generate leads and revenue.
Here are my 5 simple ways you can boost your SEO ranking today:
1) Determine your keywords (the words your target market will use when searching for your business, service or product): Include them in your content, links AND photo descriptions (Alt-tags).
Use a free tool such as Google's Keyword Planner to help you understand what keywords will work best for your business. With the Google Keyword Planner "you can search for keyword and ad group ideas, get historical statistics, see how a list of keywords might perform, and even create a new keyword list by multiplying several lists of keywords together."
2) Optimize your website for the user's intent: Help your users find exactly what they are looking for on your website. We want to make it obvious for the user that your site has exactly what they need. You can accomplish this by:
- Rewriting your meta descriptions on each page (this is the description that appears when someone searches on Google, and sees your website listed in the organic, free listing results). Write a description, that describes the page, but more importantly encourages the people you are wanting to target, to come to your page. You can do so by going into your pages, and click edit. You will then see a box that looks like this:
- Ensuring that you have relevant page title and headers, write these to reflect what the user is looking for
- Hiring a professional copywriter to help with your body text to ensure you are hitting all your keywords and providing the information your users need to know.
- Including CTA's in the copy to facilitate people to take action
An increase in clicks through on these pages may actually help increase your ranking as well.
3) Promote your content through social media: A few case studies have proven that social media shares, pins, likes, and tweets can improve your rankings. If you are struggling to keep your social media content fresh or aren't sure where to start, we can help.
- Make sure your blog stays up-to-date and has share buttons on each post (Bloomtools clients, these automatically appear for you)
- Don't be afraid to ask people to share!
- Try hosting a social media contest, asking people to like and share your post
- Link or mention other local businesses that you work with or may find your content useful in your posts
4) Build Links: Adding links in your content that will create value for your users, within your own website to take them down a path that will deliver what they are looking for (and for you, higher conversions). Google also looks at your links, as they see them as being indicators of what your website is about... therefore it is important that you link your key pages, blogs, products or services that highlight this for Google.
Within your blogs, also add links to your products, services and other blogs on that topic, that you talk about in your blogs.
5) Create keyword pages: If you want your business to appear for set geographical locations, create a page on these, and write about them (and as covered above, link to them within content on other pages). If your business has some particular niches you are trying to target, write a page for them - including these keywords in page titles, names, headings, images and more, will increase the likelihood for you to be found by that target market. Also write blogs on these, so you have multiple pages and words focused on a variety of words they may be looking for in their searches online.
We'd love to hear from you! What do you want to know about SEO? Are you looking for more ways to boost your SEO? We'd love to chat, so give us a call!
|Tags: Internet Marketing Social Media Lead Generation|